Re: Success with IBM JDK 1.3.0 for PPC _WITH_ JIT

Le ven 24/05/2002 à 20:23, Josh Huber a écrit :

> And this is a problem why?  IMHO, the web is much nicer without java &
> flash.

I also don't think java is for client side stuff. Anyway, one can still
use Blackdown JDK if java plugin is needed :-)

But if you run stuff like Tomcat, JBoss, Jonas, Netbeans, xalan, xerces,
cocoon, Barracuda,..., then I would recommend you using IBM JDK.

Many thanks to them for making a JIT available on Linux PPC, since it
was long awaited, and was one of the main reasons mac os x was necessary
on a linux ppc box.
Blackdown doesn't seem to be able to to release one soon (at least, it
is what was said on their list).
Free implementations are far from fonctionnal (which is sad, but a fact,
and I am not able to do anything about that, not beeing technically
skilled enought, and not beeing a lawyer either :-(

Choice is better.
You now have choice !

Franck Routier