Re: Altgr on iBook

On Sat, 2002-05-18 17:08:41 -0700, Chris Tillman <tillman@voicetrak.com>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20020519000841.GE391@iMacBlue>:
> On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:13:55PM +0200, Paolo Redaelli wrote:
> > I tried to turn one of the Apple key into AltGr on my iBook, in order to
> > get ? (euro symbol) without success.
> >
> > I got these nice configuration that permits to type italian letters ( ?
> > ? ? ? ? ?) and many others, but I haven't been able to solve the ?uro
> > problem.
> > Does anyone have solved both them?
> >
> Search the list archives for altgr for the last couple of months, a solution
> was found I believe.
>
> If someone would like to contribute a little writeup about this, I could
> add it to the install manual's post-install section.

I succseeded to have AltGR mapped to KpEnter (I Never used that key...)
on Console by writeing a new keymap, under X11 I had to user xmodmap
instead of a writing a proper keymap because i found no documentation
about this, if you gave me a hint, i make keymaps to natively support
all Keycodes on the iBook for German. my keymaps are attached....

AVE!
  phils...

--
     PHILIPP SCHMIDT / phils - - + - - > philipp@ppc.in-berlin.de
                                 ` - - > http://home.pages.de/~phils/

Lbh unir whfg ivbyngrq gur Qvtvgny Zvyraavhz Pbclevtug Npg ol oernxvat gur
cebgrpgvba bs pbclevtugrq zngrevny.  Vs lbh ner abg n pvgvmra be erfvqrag bs
gur HFN, lbh evfx orvat vzcevfbarq naq uryq jvgubhg lnvy sbe hc gb gjb jrrxf
hcba ragel gb gur HFN (c) Copyright 2001 by Hartmann Schaffer (signature only)
!
! This is an `xmodmap' input file for
!   PC 105 key, wide Delete, tall Enter (XFree86; German) keyboards.
! Automatically generated on Sun Mar 24 16:06:18 2002 by philipp with
! XKeyCaps 2.46; Copyright (c) 1999 Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>.
! http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/
!
! This file presupposes that the keyboard is in the default state, and
! may malfunction if it is not.
!
remove Mod5    = Mode_switch

keycode 0x60 =	NoSymbol
keycode 0x6F =	Print	Sys_Req
keycode 0x4E =	Scroll_Lock
keycode 0x6E =	Pause	Break
keycode 0x31 =	asciicircum	degree	notsign
keycode 0x0A =	1	exclam	onesuperior	exclamdown
keycode 0x0B =	2	quotedbl	twosuperior	oneeighth
keycode 0x0C =	3	section	threesuperior	sterling
keycode 0x0D =	4	dollar	onequarter	currency
keycode 0x0E =	5	percent	onehalf	threeeighths
keycode 0x0F =	6	ampersand	threequarters	fiveeighths
keycode 0x10 =	7	slash	braceleft	seveneighths
keycode 0x11 =	8	parenleft	bracketleft	trademark
keycode 0x12 =	9	parenright	bracketright	plusminus
keycode 0x13 =	0	equal	braceright	degree
keycode 0x14 =	ssharp	question	backslash	questiondown
keycode 0x15 =	apostrophe	grave	cedilla	ogonek
keycode 0x16 =	BackSpace
keycode 0x4D =	Num_Lock	Pointer_EnableKeys
keycode 0x17 =	Tab	ISO_Left_Tab
keycode 0x18 =	q	Q	at	Greek_OMEGA
keycode 0x19 =	w	W	lstroke	Lstroke
keycode 0x1A =	e	E	EuroSign
keycode 0x1B =	r	R	paragraph	registered
keycode 0x1C =	t	T	tslash	Tslash
keycode 0x1D =	z	Z	leftarrow	yen
keycode 0x1E =	u	U	downarrow	uparrow
keycode 0x1F =	i	I	rightarrow	idotless
keycode 0x20 =	o	O	oslash	Ooblique
keycode 0x21 =	p	P	thorn	THORN
keycode 0x22 =	udiaeresis	Udiaeresis	diaeresis	degree
keycode 0x23 =	plus	asterisk	asciitilde	macron
keycode 0x4F =	KP_Home	KP_7
keycode 0x50 =	KP_Up	KP_8
keycode 0x51 =	KP_Prior	KP_9
keycode 0x26 =	a	A	ae	AE
keycode 0x27 =	s	S	ssharp	section
keycode 0x28 =	d	D	eth	ETH
keycode 0x29 =	f	F	dstroke	ordfeminine
keycode 0x2A =	g	G	eng	ENG
keycode 0x2B =	h	H	hstroke	Hstroke
keycode 0x2D =	k	K	kra	ampersand
keycode 0x2E =	l	L	at	Lstroke
keycode 0x2F =	odiaeresis	Odiaeresis	acute	dead_doubleacute
keycode 0x30 =	adiaeresis	Adiaeresis	asciicircum	caron
keycode 0x33 =	numbersign	apostrophe	grave	breve
keycode 0x53 =	KP_Left	KP_4
keycode 0x54 =	KP_Begin	KP_5
keycode 0x55 =	KP_Right	KP_6
keycode 0x34 =	y	Y	guillemotleft	less
keycode 0x35 =	x	X	guillemotright	greater
keycode 0x36 =	c	C	cent	copyright
keycode 0x37 =	v	V	leftdoublequotemark	grave
keycode 0x38 =	b	B	rightdoublequotemark	apostrophe
keycode 0x3A =	m	M	mu	masculine
keycode 0x3B =	comma	semicolon	horizconnector	multiply
keycode 0x3C =	period	colon	periodcentered	division
keycode 0x3D =	minus	underscore	dead_belowdot	abovedot
keycode 0x57 =	KP_End	KP_1
keycode 0x58 =	KP_Down	KP_2
keycode 0x59 =	KP_Next	KP_3
keycode 0x6C =	Mode_switch	Multi_key