Re: woody + apropos

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 03:25:52AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 07:11:39PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > It still might be worth a bug; the postinst only builds the database
> > on fresh installs if man-db is not installed setuid. I don't
> > understand that; seems like it needs a database.
>
> I'll change that, I suppose.

I've just remembered why things are done that way in the first place.
See #100616, which caused problems for the boot-floppies. I'll see if I
can come up with some alternative hack which checks whether the
noninteractive frontend is in use.

However, this won't help you. On fresh installs using debootstrap, mandb
won't be run either way, and nothing later on will run it. Perhaps
building the database properly is a job for base-config?