Re: problem with woody on my ibook

On Sunday, May 5, 2002, at 09:11 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Sun, 2002-05-05 at 11:41, cynite@gmx.net wrote:

i've read this installation guide (http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html)
for woody on apple ibooks! i tried it and it worked perfectly until
the configuration after the first reboot! the installer asked me about
timezone, md5 passwords and shadow passwords, and after that it jumps
back to the question about the time zone!
does anybody have a fix for that?

It should be fixed in the current boot-floppies (2002-04-03).

I had the same problem earlier this week and I was using the 2002-04-03 boot floppies. I killed all the processes and set things up myself, but I may have missed something ;) (I am comfortable with Debian on x86, but not yet on ppc). I also haven't been able to get XFree86 to start yet. I installed all the packages, but it always dies (Still looking into this).

Any ideas on the boot floppies?

My system is:

iBook 600 CD-RW/DVD
384MB RAM