Re: XF86Config-4 for 266 MHz iMac

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 02:47, Russell Hires wrote:

> Well, thanks for the technical discussion! ;-) Unfortunately this doesn't
> answer the question: how do we get a 266 Mhz iMac to properly run X?
> I don't know where to put the video modes that were mentioned, for one thing,
> since they don't seem to be in the XF86Config-4 file any more. Is there a
> valid config file that any has that works? I've looked through the archive
> for the two years or so and I haven't found anything that works...

Didn't follow the discussion, but this might help:
http://hadess.net/files/ppc/imac/XF86Config.imac.revb

This is the config file for a revB iMac (you have a revC) circa 2000,
when X4 first came out. (Hooo, I can still remember asking Ani for some
binaries at that time... Good ol' days). Yes, this one did work,
although I don't think I ever tried to get anything but 1024x768 working
on it.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera