Re: 2.4.18 SMP custom kernel woes

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 03:56 am, Gordon Grant wrote:

> So I:
>
> * got kernel-source-2.4.18-4
> * patched it with kernel-patch-2.4.18-1
> * used the kernel config file from the 2.4.18-powerpc-smp package, with
> AIC7XXX compiled into the kernel as the only change

How does one apply a kernel-patch to an existing kernel-source.  I
downloaded/compiled/installed kernel-2.4.18 but only noticed after the fact
the existence of a kernel-patch.  I made a cursory look through some of the
various documentation on my system but didn't see anything.  Any pointers on
where I should look or what the steps are?

Thanks,

John Schmidt
jas@netbrick.com