Re: iBook video output

On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 13:56, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > I'll have the same issue for the presentations I'll be doing at XML
> > Europe and I have just noticed that yaboot does pretty well with the
> > external video!
> >
> > It's probably a bit tough to do a presentation with yaboot ;=) but I
> > hope this observation might help...
>
> This means you might be able to use the external video with OFfb and the
> fbdev driver.

I tried this (I compiled a kernel without the ati driver in), with the
following results:

* I got a steady picture from the console and X

* I needed to have the CRT plugged in at boot time, as m3mirror doesn't
work against offb

* I have to use an 8-bit color mode in X

* The colors in X are totally screwy, making it not really very usable.

So, can anyone suggest how I solve the screwy colors problem, or make
offb use a mode deeper than 8 bits?

-- Edd