usbkbd.c error: led urb status -32 received

I keep getting this error whenever I hit my caps lock key, num lock,
or now when I use Command-left and -right arrow to change virtual
consoles (this is a powerpc iMac with 2.4.16-newpmac kernel). I
have the standard iMac keyboard which is a USB keyboard, and I have
the mac-usb-us keymap selected with Linux keycodes in place.

This is a 'spam' kind of message that appears in every console
simultaneously, no matter what application is running.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong to be getting this? BTW, AFAIK
the only LED on my keyboard is inside the Caps Lock key, and it doesn't
seem to work when this is taking place.