Re: Macintosh Microphone Jack - how do I make a recording?

Hello,

> Hi,
>
> I have not yet used my StarMax's (Mac Clone/Tanzania) microphone-in
> jack but I would like to move recordings onto the computer. Does
> anyone know what the device name is for sound-in and/or have
> suggestions as to what program I should use to do this (they're
> recordings of voices, btw).
>
> Thank you, Elizabeth

The microphone jack on such Macintosh is similar to standard microphone
jack but slightly different.  Apple's "PlainTalk" microphone will fit
for your Mac.  It has three-poles plug longer than standard microphone
plug and the third pole is assigned to DC power supply for microphone's
internal amplifier.

Hope to your help,

Katsunori