Re: Can't view partitions - Installation screen too small

On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 11:51 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 17:13, William Brennan wrote:

Ideally, could someone direct me how to get more characters on my screen
for installation, so I can view my partition map?  (I've got an ATI
Radeon 7500 card) Or suggest another way to do the partitioning outside
of the Linux installation.

Try passing video=radeon:1024x768@60 (or 1152x864@60, ...) to the
kernel.

Thanks guys. Setting the video mode worked! [Once I figured out how to pass it. ;-) I couldn't find an example of passing parameters to the installer in the installation guide, or oddly, even in the BootPrompt-HOWTO. It might be there somewhere, but I couldn't find it. It was only after guessing, and an accidental look at yaboot.conf that I figure it out.]

I have proceeded to the next level...

Installing Debian is sort of like Junkyard Wars (aka Scrapheap Challenge): all the pieces are there somehow, one just has to figure out how which ones to use and how to paste them together. Phew, what an exhausting experience. But I once had a working Debian system, and know that once one gets through the birth canal, it's a relatively carefree distribution.

Thanks again guys.  (I might need you again ;-P)

-- Bill
brennan@netaxs.com