Re: Sharing disk space between MacOS * [was X] and Linux

Hi,

Francois Taiani writes:

> (Mind: My desktop is permanently connected to a LAN, and I use 2
> fixed IP adresses, for Linux, and mol.  I'm afraid such a solution
> would not be tractable with other configurations.)

One can always use a dummy interface to set up a mini-LAN consisting
of the Linux side and the MacOS side.  To get networking between Linux
and MacOS, it is sufficient to set up the interface, put it into
/etc/molrc and assign appropriate addresses on both sides.

To forward connections to the rest of the world from MacOS via Linux
is a different story and requires a few masquerading rules.  But it
works no matter how Linux is connected to the net.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!