Re: XFree86/Keyboard

on 20/03/2002 06:40, Michel Dänzer at daenzer@debian.org wrote:

>>> You're right. My ibook2 uses ADB keycodes. macintosh_old solved
>>> all my keyboard problems.
>>
>> I'm having some ADB keyboard problems too. I have these settings in
>> xf86config-4. But first, just so u folks know where I'm coming from now,
>> here's my new set-up: upgraded to woody, and I've nearly completed compiling
>> the 2.4.18 kernel that I d/led from the debian archives - note: in the
>> README it says that a patch was applied. is that the patch that _needed to
>> be applied cuz something was missing? I'm "stuck" in mac OS right now cuz my
>> X isn't working. (I didn't know it was that easy to compile a kernel... :-)
>>
>> Ok, I have xkb set to macintosh_old, with xfree86 as a keyboard protocol,
>> and 3-button emu (F11 and F12 as buttons 2 and 3). I have the
>> "dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes = 1". I had that funky _ssj thing
>> happen - it was fun to fix though, since I knew what was up :).
>
> macintosh_old is for _ADB_ keycodes (as the X server debconf interface
> explains...). You use Linux keycodes and thus need "XkbModel"
> "macintosh".

Well, I should have mentioned this, but I'm using an ADB keyboard, not USB
;). Oh wait a minute, do you mean if I use the keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
= 1 setting in sysctl.conf for console, I have to set the XkbModel to
macintosh, and not macintosh_old? If so, then I'm really confused, cuz all
the docs I've read say use the _old model in XF86Config-4.

eric the confused