Re: Re : Re : Ovnibus news and debian potato ppc

>De : Martin WHEELER <mwheeler@startext.co.uk>
>À : Renato Barrios <renato.barrios@wanadoo.fr>
>Objet : Re : Ovnibus news and debian potato ppc
>Date : Lun 18 mars 2002 11:26
>

> Renato __
>
> The Debian project is a self-help community.
>
> This means that everyone contributes what they can; and if there is
> a deficiency anywhere, a positive attitude towards solving that problem
> is adopted by all.
A positive attitude could also be to test and to pronounce yourself about
your results. Debian project as you said is a self-help community not an
authistical one.

> If you have a pronounced God-complex and have been trained to expect
> nurses and other underlings to do all the real work for you, with your
> own role restricted to passing judgment and giving orders, this is
> probably not the right environment for you to function in -- you will
> meet frustrations at every turn.
Fortunately, it is not my personal case.

> If on the other hand you have sufficient intelligence and ability to
> contribute an accurate and helpful description of what your problems
> are, and how you would like to see them dealt with, you may find that
> they get resolved that much more quickly.
You have to see all that is published in this list about installation
problems with ppc. Also about running basical things as a mouse or an X
server.  I am using and testing debian for medical usages. My project is
intented to offer the best of the freesoftware I can find to be used in a
special environnement as is health care.In particular in unfavorized
regions. My personal interest is not only to install and play as with a
gameboy station. At present I thing potato ppc was not ready to be
distributed and used. That's all.

> --
> Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk>

--
Renato Barrios MD
OVNIBUS, a medical debian applications project