IBM RS/6000 43P-240 booting woes...

Ok, I know this has been asked before...

I've had problems getting both woody and potato CHRP images to
work on this IBM RS/6000 43P-240

You can see the gory details (system info, environment,
terminal captures of attempted boots) at the following link.

http://wikihip.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/Mike/IbmRs6000

Anyways, I am interested and I am able to spend some time
working on this to get this to get a working kernel.

I don't know very much about how this work, but would guess that the
CHRP bootloader is having a problem.

Here is the boot log (from  CHRP woody)

<snip>
RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000 RS/6000
RS/6000

     memory      keyboard     network      scsi      speaker       ok
0 >  boot floppy:,\linux root=/dev/ram video=ofonly load_ramdisk=1
INIT-PROGRAM: ELF-LOADER
Endian mode : Load Address = 500000
signature 0x7f454c46 : 7f454c46
class           0x01 : 1
ei_data         0x01 : 2
ei_version      0x01 : 1
type          0x0002 : 2
machine       0x0014 : 14
version   0x00000001 : 1
entry     0x02001b40 : 400000
phoff     0x00000034 : 34
shoff     0x000180f4 : e320c
flags     0x00000000 : 0
ehsize    0x00000034 : 34
phentsize 0x00000020 : 20
phnum     0x00000002 : 2
shentsize 0x00000028 : 28
shnum     0x0000000a : c
shstrndx  0x00000008 : 9

No ELF note section found in the image !!! Number of program headers : 2
pheader # 1 -------------------------------------
type   = PT_LOAD
offset = 10000
vaddr  = 400000
paddr  = 510000
filesz = 59f0
memsz  = 59f0
flags  = 5
align  = 10000
about to $sync-cache ... ... done with $sync-cache
pheader # 2 -------------------------------------
type   = PT_LOAD
offset = 159f0
vaddr  = 4159f0
paddr  = 5159f0
filesz = cd79c
memsz  = ced64
flags  = 6
align  = 10000
about to $sync-cache ... ... done with $sync-cache
exiting ELF section

exit INIT-PROGRAM: ELF-LOADER
chrpboot starting: loaded at 0x400000
CLAIM failedavail_ram = 4e5000
                              gunzipping (0x10000 <-
0x415cb8:0x4e306c)...done 1934704 bytes
start address = 0x10000
copying OF device tree...
</pre>

At this point the machine is frozen, the front panel displays a code of
=F05=

Is there any more information I could provide that would help determine
the problem?

Will cross-compiling powerpc kernels on a x86 machine myself?

Is anyone else working on getting Linux running on a 43P-240 or similar
machine?

Thanks ...

... Mike
--
Michael Kustaa Gindonis
Helsinki Institute of Physics, Technology Program

http://wikihip.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/Main/MichaelGindonis