Re: modem in new TiPB and iBooks ?

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Harald Welte wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 10:41:41PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 21:06, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > If I don't have my head too far up my arse yet, I think this might
> > > interest quite a few people (ie. not me).
> > >
> > > http://lwn.net/2002/0314/a/hcf.php3
> > >
> > > Am I on the right track ?
> >
> > Yes, except both BenH and I have already emailed him, no response from
> > him at all yet.
>
> Update: Marc Boucher has now replied to BenH's mail after I bugged him ;)
>
> There are several issues:
>
> 1) His current driver doesn't support the USB version of the winmodems yet.
>    However, connexant is interested in providing drivers for the USB versions
>    aswell.
I'm aware of this, i've already got the ACM USB driver able to detect/let
me access the modem, I just don't have the engine necessary to drive it.

> 2) The proprietary libraries used in the driver need to be compiled for the
>    PPC architecture.  To do this, Marc needs access to a PPC machine for
>    compiling the proprietary source.
I know this as well, and offered to do this.
In fact, all I asked for was the binary modules compiled for PPC, given
that I give him access to a PPC machine.
The rest I can do myself.

--Dan