Re: Depair: Help for installing Woody on an ibook (M8587) needed - LONG

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:17:10PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Mar 15 2002, Viral Shah wrote:
> > So, I guess
> >
> > hdparm -d1 -u1 /dev/hda
> > hdparm -d1 -u1 /dev/cdrom
> >
> > to enable dma and irq unmasking for hd and cdrom are required..
>
> 	Yes. And the strange thing is that sometimes my combo drive
> 	automatically disables the DMA for some unknown reason.

I have noticed this with pretty much all drives I've used.

So, does multiword access with -X34 or so give performance gains ?

I have noticed that -c1 locks my machine..

> 	I'm also using 10.1.3 and both DVDs of mine (I only have 2)
> 	are not great with my 600MHz ibook. Both show bad interlacing
> 	(the worst one is "G3 Live in Concert").

I tried the DVD of 'The Wall' which probably is not the best DVD to
try out, but it played just fine, with no visible artefacts..

viral

--
http://www.mayin.org/~gandalf

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.