Re: Depair: Help for installing Woody on an ibook (M8587) needed - LONG

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 03:17:10PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Mar 15 2002, Viral Shah wrote:
> > So, I guess
> >
> > hdparm -d1 -u1 /dev/hda
> > hdparm -d1 -u1 /dev/cdrom
> >
> > to enable dma and irq unmasking for hd and cdrom are required..
> 	Yes. And the strange thing is that sometimes my combo drive
> 	automatically disables the DMA for some unknown reason.

I have noticed this with pretty much all drives I've used.

So, does multiword access with -X34 or so give performance gains ?

I have noticed that -c1 locks my machine..

> 	I'm also using 10.1.3 and both DVDs of mine (I only have 2)
> 	are not great with my 600MHz ibook. Both show bad interlacing
> 	(the worst one is "G3 Live in Concert").

I tried the DVD of 'The Wall' which probably is not the best DVD to
try out, but it played just fine, with no visible artefacts..

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.