Re: Depair: Help for installing Woody on an ibook (M8587) needed - LONG

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Georg Koss wrote:

[...]
> > Branden's instructions on http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html ?
>
> I read the page indeed.
>
> I've one major and one minor problem with it.
>
> I've a G4 (Woody3.0) with a 56k dialup as only working box.
> On the ibook2 (?) I was able to install a kernel 2.2.20 and
> basedebs.tgz. This mini-system is rebootable.
>
> The minor problem with it is that I couldn't find that
> mac-usb-us-keycodes on the images-1.44/* files - so I've no at, pipe
[...]

Strange. When I followed these instructions, the woody boot-floppies had
such a keytable, which worked perfectly, at least on the console.
That's the reason why I recommended you the Woody images instead of
stable...

Cheers,
	Siggi