Re: fbset problem or how to change the res?

Michel D?nzer (daenzer@debian.org) wrote:

> Try video=tdfx:vmode=16:cmode=2,noaccel video=offb:off

Ok, that got rid of offb and tdfx working, but I don't have a usable
console now. The text is 640x480 and is so mangled, I can _just_ barely
make it out to type out a few simple commands (like shutdown.) Issuing
the previously meantioned fbset causes the display to be set at the
proper resolution (but still mangled) - however X reverts to 640x480.
Another problem is that the fbset doesn't stick between reboots, where
with the offb it did... So basically one step forward, two steps back.
;-) Any suggestions on how to fix any or all of this would be greatly
appricated.

TIA,
Ron