Re: help can't use the boot-floppies

Chris Tillman wrote:

The hfs-boot-floppy is not a linux boot floppy (please read the powerpc install manual). Instead of trying to boot it directly from OF, you just insert the floppy and start the Mac. That is true unless you have auto-boot? = no in OF. If so, then when OF shows, type bye (after inserting the floppy).

The hfs floppy has a Mac-like System file so OF thinks it's booting MacOS.

thanks Chris for your tip.
I've used the hfs floppy-image & root.bin and followed your instructions.
The problem was that I didn't really understand the difference between the boot & bye command...

Boots fine now from floppy. The only thing is that I am not able to boot from harddisk. But I discovered a very well written howto on http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~aturner/7200boot.html.
Thanks to the author !

regards,

Jan