Re: [Debian-PowerMacs]Re: adsl connecting, but not doing anything

on 19/02/2002 19:32, Michel Dänzer at daenzer@debian.org wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 23:35, eric.s.cote@sympatico.ca wrote:
>
>> with ifconfig, i get the additional UP connection of the eth0, as well as
>> the ppp0. i i've checked all the man pages, docs, and other stuff, and there
>> doesn't seem to be a problem, but like i said, nothing happens.
>
> Silly question, but is your default route set to use the PPP peer as gateway?

another silly question: what's the "peer"? when it seems that it was, pppd
wouldn't let me connect at all. it would tell me something like : the peer
is requesting authentification, but you did not provide it. now all I do is
type adsl-connect. pppd comes up, pppoe comes up, then I get a message from
the ADSL software saying "Connected!"

i should post some logs of this, i think it would help tremendously to debug
this. i'll see if the DSL is logging stuff, and if not i'll run some
diagnostics and set the DSL to debugging level.

eric