Re: mol version mismatch in sid (MacOnLinux)

Hi,

Michael D. Crawford writes:

> There are two packages, mol and mol-modules.  mol-modules is the
> source code for the required kernel modules.  mol is the userspace
> programs.

Not quite.  There are three packages, mol with the userspace stuff,
mol-modules-source with the modules source code and mol-modules-2.2.19
with binary modules for 2.2.19 kernels.  mol-modules used to contain
kernel modules, but is obsolete and should not even exist on any
decent mirror.

> The version of mol in sid is 0.9.60-5.  The version of mol-modules
> is 0.9.61-4.

Where is that?  In <URL:http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/contrib/m/>,
there are mol and mol-modules-source version 0.9.61-4 and
mol-modules-2.2.19 version 0.9.61-3.  I've verified that these
packages work with a 2.2.19 kernel.

> The versions need to match

Indeed.

Regards, Jens.