Re: Cross compilation for Atari platform

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, A.J.Bink wrote:
>    To speed up kernel compilation for some Atari boxes I want to use

For Linux/m68k?

> my PowerMac G4.
> On the CD's I found binutils-m68k but I guess I also need a compiler-
> and a library package
> (The installed compiler complaints about -ffixed-a2 and m68060).
> Can anybody tell me from where to download the necessary packages?

apt-get source gcc-2.95

Extract the sources, configure them for m68k-linux, compile and install. Note
that you need to get include files from your Atari (/usr/include/) and copy
them over to /usr/local/m68k-linux/include/.

You also may want to compile a newer binutils.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds