Re: Memory tester for powerpc?

I have an article that, in part, discusses some memory and burn-in
tools, including memtester.  See:

Using Test Suites to Validate the Linux Kernel
http://linuxquality.sunsite.dk/articles/testsuites/

Scroll down to "Test the Basic Health of Your System".

Note that while you might be able to test your RAM by plugging it into a
x86 box and running memtest86 on it, it is a better test to test it in
the machine that you're concerned about.  That's because this will also
test your CPU, your motherboard, memory controller and so on.

I have a Pentium III box that I'm pretty sure has flaky cache memory
aboard the CPU.  I wouldn't have found that had I tested the memory in
another machine.  (One reason I'm pretty sure if this is that I put all
new memory in it, and got identical test failures).

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
crawford@goingware.com