Re: pmud core99 shutdown

> I think, well no problem, (except the cpu time lost, and uptime lost
> ;-) ) pmud should have notice that battery is going out, and should have
> cleanly shutdown the  machine

Nope, it should have put the machine to sleep mode. After considerable
time in sleep mode, the battery may still run out.

> while looking at the core99 section of /etc/power/pwrctl
> I notice that warning just display a message eitheir via wall etheir via
> xmessage, and that's all
>
> shall I add a /sbin/shutdown -h now line ??

Do you always want to have the machine shut down instead of sleep, even
when closing the lid? If so, just add the shutdown command there.

If you only want the shutdown on power low, look into /usr/share/doc/pmud
for the sample powerfail script, configure pmud to send a signal to init
on low battery (man pmud), and set up init to run the powerfail script on
power status change (man inittab).

	Michael