Re: package hotkeys and libdb3...

On 10 Jan 2002, Yves wrote:

>   I've tried to use the hotkeys package on my sid to have the ibook2
> special keys working. But the problem is strange, since hotkeys seg
> fault. I've traced the problem, and it appears that it segfault when
> calling "db_create" (conf.c line 246). I've tried to repackage libdb3
> (apt-get source and debuild), but the problem is still here.
>
> Anybody has an idea ??

It's possible that either hotkeys or one of it's dependencies was linked
against libdb2 instead of libdb2, thereby confusing the dynamic linker at
runtime when it tries to resolve a duplicate symbol name.  I've seen this
before on Alpha, fyi, but not with this package.

Also, don't rule out this in the dependencies:
libxml1 (>= 1:1.8.14-3), libxml2 (>= 2.2.8),

I'm wondering if the above is possible without causing a similar
situation (it's definitely not a good sign, though).  If I get some time,
I'll try to properly debug this...