Re: (Offtopic) Humming on ibook2 audio port?

On Thursday 10 Jan 2002 8:42 am, Christopher C. Chimelis
wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Siggi Langauf wrote:
> > Well, now that I've listened closely to my earphones
> > while plugged to the iBook, I've noticed a very
> > high-pitched sound that occurs roughly every 2 seconds
> > and lasts for about half a second. Any guess what that
> > could be?
>
> I'm still working on the tumbler (aka TAS) driver.  I'll
> listen more closely to my headphones when I make the
> changes to support things other than the internal speakers
> (even those aren't filtered properly right now, FYI).

Don't know if this is relevant, but on my Dell laptop, all
sorts of ticks and groans come out of the speakers until the
ALSA driver gets loaded (it uses a Maestro3 chipset).  I'm
guessing this is because at reset the internal audio out
lines are all in a high impedance state, and this changes
when the chip's initialised.

Could a similar thing be going on with the ibook2?

Just a thought,

Nick/