Re: (Offtopic) Humming on ibook2 audio port?

I have had this same trouble on my iMac since the beginning... but only
under Linux. It seems that the Linux driver doesn't do something that
the Mac OS 9 driver does... and the result is a low hum and distortion
that starts from bootup until Mac OS 9 starts to load. Under Linux,
the hum never goes away.

Do you have this problem under Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X? Even booting
from the System CD may be sufficient to tell.

Adam