Re: MOL: How to mount an apple cd from Os9 under Mol?

Hi,

Kevin Puetz writes:

> > a pdf file is not readable becouse MacOS9 don't know which
> > application use for it.

> Then the resource fork is missing, not the data fork

Anyway, this is based on neither fork, but on the type/creator code of
the file.  For afpd, you can specify translations of extensions into
type/creator codes in the file /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.system .
Actually, it looks as if this is done correctly for PDF files by
default, at least I find a line

.pdf  "PDF "  "CARO"  Portable Document Format  Acrobat Reader  application/pdf

in my AppleVolumes.system.  Works nicely for Unix filesystems, I
haven't tried with HFS though.

> There's an option for the hfs kernel driver (-o afpd I think? look
> in a netatalk howto) that will actually make this work right.

The option is `-o fork=netatalk', and can be found in the Netatalk-HOWTO.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!