Re: Segfault compiling kernels: solved!

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 14:00, Michel Lanners wrote:
> OK, I tried other memory DIMMs: no dice. I then tried to recompile make
> locally: that worked! (rebuilt the .deb, in fact).

A few weeks ago, after a dist-upgrade, I was getting just segfaults from
gnome-session.  I tried debugging it, but it was dying really early,
even before main() as far as I could tell.  Finally I tried just
reinstalling all the GNOME packages, and it started working.  So I guess
it was file corruption of some sort.  Dunno.