Re: Euro Support on PPC?

On   4 Jan, this message from MaX echoed through cyberspace:
> I need to obtain en visualize correctly the euro symbol in my Powerbook
> with debian/Sid
>
> my keyboard has the US layout.
>
> How I can do it?

I'm in the process of checking this out myself.

For one, you need to map the Euro symbol somewhere. It replaces the
generic 'currency' symbol, but I have no idea where on your keyboard
that is mapped now. In Europe we use something like AltGr-E for the Euro
symbol. You can add that yourself with xmodmap:

  echo "keycode  26 = e E EuroSign">.Xmodmap
  xmodmap .Xmodmap

(Check that E is on keycode 26 before: xmodmap -pke.)

After that, you need to set your locale to something Euro-aware, and you
need to get fonts that contain the Euro symbol.

Have a look here:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Euro-Char-Support/index.html

Good luck ;-)

Michel