Re: ghostie screen

> > > What framebuffer and X driver is this? tdfxfb and tdfx?
> >

> Framebuffer driver:	cat /proc/fb
rusty@poet:~$ cat /proc/fb
0 3Dfx Voodoo3
1 ATY Mach64
2 OFfb /pci/3Dfx,Voodoo3

Now, at this kind of reading, I'm a little confused. I've got the ATY as part
of my original setup. But my one and only monitor is attatched to the PCI
card. I have to disable acceleration, since otherwise I can't read my console
during bootup.
> If it's tdfxfb, try disabling acceleration. If it's OFfb, there's no way
> but to avoid it or fix the X driver.
>
> X driver:		grep 'drivers/.*_drv' /var/log/XFree86.0.log
rusty@poet:~$ grep 'drivers/.*_drv' /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/tdfx_drv.o
Symbol vbeFree from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/tdfx_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol DRIMoveBuffersHelper from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/tdfx_drv.o is unresolved!

> It's most definitely the tdfx driver, the only other possibility would
> be fbdev but that's not accelerated so this kind of failure can't really
> happen.

Thanks for the help!

Russell