Re: 3.0.18 testing needed

> > What package version did you use from woody?
>
> Latest from unstable at the time the pkg was built.  Probalby whatever
> is still latest from unstable, it doesn't change often.

The latest version (-8) is from Dec. 7. I'd better install that from the
archive instead of using the one from my local source.

> > Whatever magic you did instead of
> > copying the file to the target directory - it backfired.
>
> I didn't do any magic -- I just built it.  I'm very disciplined.

That's odd. I'm quite sure the version from the archive still has all its
bits in the right place. I test those before releasing the packages, as a
rule :-)

So how do the ramdisks get built these days? Just copy the binaries over?

schmitz@michael:/home/project/debian/bf$ ls -l ramdisk/sbin/mac-fdisk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        21004 Dec 20 22:57
ramdisk/sbin/mac-fdisk
schmitz@michael:/home/project/debian/bf$ ll /sbin/mac-fdisk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        29404 Dec  7 16:34 /sbin/mac-fdisk

That doesn't compute, literally. 8400 bytes just got lost during b-f
build.

	Michael