single button mouse and Apple Keyboard II

I have a single button mouse and an old Apple Keyboard II. I had a much nicer keyboard but I mixed them up when I borrowed someone's old Mac for testing, and gave them back my nice keyboard by mistake, and then it sort of disappeared.

So I only have one option key, on the left, and no function keys (no F1-F12 keys). I can't find a way to emulate a three-button mouse.

I am running unstable with kernel 2.4.14 and the benh patch applied.

There are some messages about this in the archives:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/1999/debian-powerpc-199902/msg00119.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/1999/debian-powerpc-199903/msg00038.html

the second gives the solution of giving kernel arguments to use the F11 and F12 keys, but I don't have any.

I've tried entering various things into my XF86Config-4 file but nothing helps.

I'm a bit clueless about keymaps and such, and I can't figure out how to use xmodmap.

A local computer store had (last time I checked) nice brand-new adb keyboards, but I won't be able to buy one for a while.

Does anyone still sell 3-button ADB mice?

My mac 8500 (an old world mac) does not have USB. Perhaps I will install a USB card eventually and then I can get a keyboard and mouse that could work on my PC's as well. Is there a particular USB card you recommend? Warn against any?

Thanks,

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com/