Re: Precompiled kernel for G3/266 Desktop needed

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 06:15:43PM +0100, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
> Everything installed fine... and I?m trying to have BootX load linux... but I get kernel panic from all 4 kernels ;-( Where can I find a pre-compiled kernel for G3 beige???

The uncompressed pmac kernel (current/powermac/linux) is the one you
want. You may need to add video=ofonly (in BootX that's the no video
dirver checkbox). Since the installer booted (I assume from floppy),
the kernel should be OK.

|            Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com          |