Re: nvidia driver on powermac

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 00:10, F. Heitkamp wrote:
> I've read on penguinppc.org that the nvidia driver for
> PowerPC G4 Macintosh might at least be partially working.
> (both kernel and X).  When I pull the Xfree86 sources from
> CVS, no "nv" module gets built.

So it doesn't get built on PPC by default yet. Define your own list of
drivers to build in host.def.

> Does any one know about whether the nv driver works?

It should work. If your CVS tree is older than a week you should update
again, there have been a couple endianness fixes in the nv driver.

> Also, I have the kernel compiled with nvidia support.  What is the
> video command to pass to the kernel to load the nvidia driver?

I use video=riva:1152x864@70,font:SUN12x22 on my i386 box. But are you
sure that your kernel contains the necessary fixes? Last I heard was
that not even benh's tree contained them...