Re: opengl hardware acceleration on ibook2

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:19:20PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Dominic Buchstaller <dbuchstaller@web.de> writes:
>
> > I was wondering how far hardware acceleration is implemented on
> > ibook2.  I was able to compile my 2.4.17-pre8-ben0 kernel agpgart,
> > Apple UniNorth and DRI (ATI Rage 128) support.  The acceleration
> > results have been quite poor so far.
>
> The way to tell if DRI is working is to do:
>
> glxinfo | grep direct

thx for this - I didn't know this program

> If it says no, then you should look at /var/log/XFree86.0.log to find
> out why.  The most likely reason is you are running at too high of a
> color depth, like Blake said.

Yes my color depth has been 24bit -> now 16

After I fixed that glxinfo told me:

libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not permitted
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

-> permission trouble with /dev/dri/card0

now it works

thanks to all

regards

Dominic