Re: packages wanted

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 15:55, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2001, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:
>
> > That's not entirely true. I basically run woody but get stuff from sid
> > as needed or wanted. Remember, apt has super cow powers. :)
>
> But that's only true for now.  Sid may not be too far from woody
> dependency-wise right now, but that will change in time.  Eventually, sid
> will diverge enough from woody for that strategy to not work any more
> (when we go through the eventual toolchain transition, for example).

Will that happen during the woody freeze? Because actually, I was lying
a bit: I'm running testing with stable and sid as alternatives to get
stuff from.

Anyway, I'm fairly confident that apt will help me handle even sid
diverging from testing. My system may then be closer to sid than to
testing, but I don't think that's too bad. :)