Re: OS 10.1 upgrade CD

* Jeffrey W. Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> [011208 16:24]:
> On Sat, 2001-12-08 at 13:16, James Tyson wrote:
> >
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I finally picked up the OS 10.1 upgrade cd - if I install this is it going
> > to adversely affect the installed linux partitions?
>
> You'll need to manually boot from open firmware after you install OS X.
>
> -jwb
After I got ybin to work such that holding down option at boot time does
bring up the icon for linux without crashing, I've had no troubles with
booting linux by clicking the icon from that boot select screen.  Even
after I upgraded to OS 10.1.  I suspect you may be forgetting having run
a possibly newly upgraded ybin just prior of after your move to 10.1.
Frankly I've found 10.1 to work no differently than 10.0.4 as far as
linux is concerned.
I do run 9.2, 10.1, debain woody all on the same 10gb drive in an
iBook[2].  Different configuration may behave entierly differently of
course.

the boot select menu is very slow to allow mouse input though. It pops
up in 1 second, draws all 3 icons in another second, then sort of
doesn't allow you to click for 5 seconds; which is irritating, but no
different than before 10.1

-Daniel