Re: iBook2 touch pad mouse

 On Dec 5, John Hughes wrote:
 > the track pad on my iBook2 has always been extremely sensitive and
 > erratic. It jumps arround, and is nealy unuseable. What can I do about
 > this?

Although you're addressing the pointing ability of the trackpad, I
should like to mention that I particularly found the click-on-tap
feature under linux to be detremental to my X usage.

In order to solve this I downloaded the trackpad 0.1.0 rpm for yellow
dog linux, and used alien to install it on my system.
Its pretty minimal and there's probably a different way of getting the
same functionality these days (or else I expect it would be in the
debian package system), but I always use trackpad notap before I start X
due to the fact that otherwise I'll usually be typing in a terminal or
something and suddenly I'll have inadvertently clicked on something like
another window.  Which can really waste time after the 50th time it
happens; damn thumbs.

-Daniel