Re: Patches for laptop owners

> - A patch that would disable the track pad drag area for a short delay
> just after hitting the keyboard keys (variable but half a sec. would be
> nice to start with.) I find too many often while typing that the cursor
> jump around when the palm of my hand comes too close from the track pad.

Try to implement that in user space please - you should be able to react
to keyboard events via /dev/input/something, just have a small daemon
disable the trackpad for a short period following a key event. This might
require routing mouse events through another user space daemon like gpm
that can easily be 'blanked' by the key events.

Putting this in the kernel might annoy a lot of people (I prefer to have
the option to move the mouse while pressing modifier keys or mouse
emulation buttons, for instance).

	Michael