Re: Woody base disks?

On   4 Dec, this message from Michael Dartt echoed through cyberspace:
> Ah.  I have these, and I've used them all (root, rescue, drivers-1, drivers-
> 2).  I'm stalled at the point in installation when it asks to install the base
> system.

IIRC, at that point, you need to point the installer to a Woody
repository: that could be local CDROM, NFS, local disk, HTTP, FTP, did I
forget anything?

Since I've not seen any Woody CDs, your best bet is installing via HTTP
or FTP from a Debian mirror. I've once tried to mirror a Debian FTP site
on a local disk to install at home, but mirroring Woody is non-trivial.

That is because these days, packages are not installed together in a
/woody/ subdirectory, but rather in the pool. So you need to follow the
Release files to get the inventory of files that make up Woody.

Sooo, get yourself a network connection, an IP address, and off you go.

Michel