Re: PPC blackdown JDK... any news?

   I was just wondering if anybody on this list has their ears near the
   blackdown JDK porters for PPC.  PPC never had a 1.3.1 release, and
   searching on debian-java and linuxppc-user & dev doesn't seem to
   reveal any JDK related traffic in many moons.  Anybody here happen to
   know if the porting effort is still alive? Heads down and working on
   1.4, or what?

Yeah, their latest release appears to be 1.3.0 [FCS & b2], and 1.3.1 seems
to be only for 'i386' and 'arm':

   http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/ports.html  [stale]
   http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/JDK-1.3.0/ppc

PowerPC is in their latest JDK1.2, e.g. 1.2.2 [FCS & rc4]:

   http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/JDK-1.2.2/ppc

Is someone at least going to debianize JDK1.3.0 or JDK1.2.2 for PowerPC
(perhaps putting the result on 'blackdown.org' and its mirrors if it's not
suitable for 'debian.org')?

   http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/debian/dists/

I'm really hoping to retire my Intel box from active duty, and one obstacle
is lack of cleanliness here.

                                    -- Tovar