Re: Installation Success on PowerPC SMP G4 w/ ADC monitor - but whence GLX?

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Joseph Fannin wrote:

>      Conversely, I see just the opposite behavior (on an i386 machine) -- if
> r128.o is loaded before or without agpgart.o, hardware accel hangs the
> machine.  When agpgart is loaded before r128, r128 prints some extra
> agp-related stuff to the console when it initializes -- and then hw accel
> works for me.

In the case of PowerPC systems, the UniNorth AGP controller support is
still incomplete, and has some continuing "issues". I have noticed that,
at least on PowerPC systems with Rage128 boards, DRI likes 16bpp depth,
but 24bpp will throw up a black window, and proceed to hang the system
hard.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN