Re: nano: On Oldworld PowerPC, nano freezes machine when help is being displayed

> The crash occurs mainly when nano is trying to display help. I also
> had it crash once when pushing a character clear out to
> the end of a line, then selecting page-down.
>
> The patch just uses wredrawln to claim that the 2 help lines are
> corrupt and asks for them to be completely redrawn rather than
> just refreshed.
>
> Let me know if you would like me to test an updated curses or you
> have any other ideas.

Rather post debug information from your kernel if available (as in: did
you get a panic message, and what did it say?). Further, it would help
tremendously if you could pinpoint the exact ioctl or other syscall
causing the hang using strace. If there's no panic my best guess is you
cause a deadlock by one particular ioctl or a particular sequence of
ioctls. (That would be stuff for linuxppc-dev, then.)

	Michael