ext3 anyone?

I noticed a message on linuxtoday.com regarding ext3 being default in the
new 2.4.15-pre2 release. I built ben's tree which is, it seems, in sync with
this release. I was curious to know if some people on this list have been
switching their partitions to ext3 on ppc and how things are going so far. I
remember asking this about reiserfs and found the answers pretty valuable to
me and my precious data. Is it as easy as advertised to switch from ext2 to
ext3 and are all the tools available on ppc to do the migration?
Thanks to anyone for the pioneering adoption.

Cheers,

LdS