Re: trying to boot an Imac into debian....no success

> Having difficulty getting it to work. I.e the yaboot step
> with ofboot does not succeed when the computer is told to
> reboot from the install. I ran the command:

mkofboot --boot /dev/hda5 -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot --root /dev/hda7 --partition 7

and respond yes when it asks to create a hfs filesystem. The default is
No? I assume that when they mean device node of the the bootstrap partition
they mean /boot ?

Note the boot sector from MacOS is at hda1. or whatever it is called...
In any case this is not a prestine disk. It has MACOS9 on it.

NOTE. that I am booting of cdrom. On an IMAC circa 1998.

-walter