Re: Recent PPC Reiser support & Reiser strategy

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 09:03:07PM -0500, Jean-Francois Landry wrote:

> Sure it wasn't the drive? The controller? Cosmic rays flipping bits in
> your (non-ECC) RAM? OK, maybe I put just a little too much trust into

if that were so the corruption would affect all filesystems, XFS has
been completly solid and stable for Michael.

> it, but most of the bug reports coming on reiserfs-list nowadays turn
> out to be either non-reiserfs related or turn out to be hardware faults.

/me mutters something about denial.

> There are still bugs of course, but people are also finding new ones
> in ext2 from time to time.

ext2 is not a filesystem i have much confidence in either, otoh i
still have more confidence in it then i will ever have in reiserfs.

> Oh, you do stick with your regular backup schedule, do you? This is
> computing after all :)

well duh.  the difference is you need it once a week on reiserfs,
thats rather inconvenient.

> Cheers (and let me know if $OTHERFS craps out just as badly)

its been quite some time now and he has had no problems, niether have i.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/