Re: insomniac iBook2

Orion Buckminster Montoya wrote:

This is unfortunate.  The problem doesn't exist right now.  For at
least three days I couldn't get my iBook to go to sleep, then before I
got a chance to reply to this message the problem went away.  I will
try to reproduce it but I don't know how it was fixed so I'm at a
loss.

What kernel version does this happen with?

It happened with both 2.4.13-pre1 rsynced from mvista and
2.4.12-benh0.

As a workaround, change pwrctl to shut down on lid close (that'll
also happen on snooze unless you use snooze -f).

When I do snooze -f I get "/dev/pmu: No such file or directory"

Well, this is your problem. Either use MAKEDEV to create this device (no devfs) or you forgot to compile PMU in the kernel (with devfs).

Without PMU, you can't make your computer sleep.

I'll try the rest of the debug stuff when/if the problem reappears,
and post it here.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera