When I boot the woody boot/root disks, everything looks like it inits
okay, but when I get into the installer, it rapidly becomes apparent
that something is badly broken. Here are the symptoms:

#1: MACE Ethernet card cannot be configured with dhcp

#2: upon manual configuration, there is no connectivity at all.

#3: ifconfig says the card exists (and now has a manually assigned IP.
It is receiving packets, but not transmitting them)

#4: Pinging *anything* results in a segmentation fault (of the busybox
ping module, I assume)

I should note that woody installed fine several weeks ago, there must
have been some change made. And Potato still installs without
incident.

Here's the hardware shakedown for this system:

Pmac 7600
604e/180MP cpu card
256K L2
132MB RAM
ATI Mach32 video
2GB Fireball SCSI drive

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.
--
Chris Bellers