Re: Advice on a iBook ...

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:24:59AM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> DVD playing works in MacOS 9, MacOS X, and Debian PPC on the titanium.
> You can play DVDs with the iBook under MacOS 9/X.  You can't play DVDs
> with Linux on the iBook because the CPU power just isn't there, and the
> various Linux DVD players haven't been optimized for that hardware.

VLC "kind of" works on my iBook, but it is awful jerky. I assume this will
get better, since it can play them under MacOS (or rather I assume it CAN
get better).

Also, do you know if there is any way to use the video out under linux?
(That is, outputting to TV, not the vga connector).

--
the Edward Blevins   <thedward@barsoom.net>    (512) 436-9576
/(0\         mi tavla fo la lojban .i xu do go'i?